Saturday, March 6, 2010

A worthy lesson worth RM5

Went to UM hospital to accompany my gf's bro to hospital of some sickness. As I was wondering my way towards the lift to get to him after parking, an indian man saw me and asked me where I was heading to(with a very helpful look). And I told tht I was headed to the lift. He immediately show me the way exactly how to go. I thanked him with a high appreciation to him.

The story:
He suddenly asked me for a favour. He expressed that he's a plumber and have family and kids to feed. Then he walked like a guy with one leg paralized to show tht he's injured due to accident. I immediately sensed that he was gonna ask for money. Gave some excuse to leave the scene but stopped and begged by the man. Out of generosity and pity towards him. ( and that I have the give account in my jar) I gave him 5 bux. ( Even aske him if it was enough). He took it and I wished him good luck in his life. He offered to shake my hand and so we did. I walked away thinking that if he were fooling me with that act for at least I donated the money out of a good intention and will not care if the help was placed in the wrong hands.

During the time leaving the hospital car park, I saw the man again. He was wearing a cap this time checking through the rubbish-bins. I couldn't believe it, as I drove passed him and recognized the face with a very sculptured look and the eyes which was inwardly incaved. The felt of betrayal immediately took whole of me....... Driving out of the hospital into the heavy rain and heavily congested traffic, my mind was in deep trance with the incident that so raw and really presented to myself.

Then, out of the sudden, my inner voice demanded me to evaluated and focus on the otherwise........ What can I learn from this incident. For that I start to really learn from this.

Emotions
I realized that I had let emotions took the better of my thinking.
I have really learnt that "Higher the emotions, lower the intelligence"
Actions: To calm down and take my time to evaluate on my part.

I realized that who was I so great to change people's lives thru a small donations this way?
My mean was that, by giving money to them, it will only encourage the person to continue this way of life. It was a reality that the money will not change his reality except if he start to change his actions towards doing other effective ways to earn a living.
It may sound cruel to not help others, but it is everyone's responsibility to find their own ways in life no matter what the situation or circumstances may fail on you. Plus, helping them to lessen the burden actually takes away the urge to make changes.

The instant action
Have always learnt to have control over emotions. Seems that the action taken when I'm not aware is the ultimate proof on whether I have been practicing it or not. I vowed to control my emotions here on.

My action:
Have been reluctant to take charge on my team mate issue.
Made decision to take Yoong out of our business team as theres no point to force him doing wat he clearly dislike.
Made decision to take it all out and discuss our agreement with Joey with honesty and transparently.
Specially on the time commitment and the fee.

i felt that the delay for the meeting today was a great point out to me that i shud be doing these before heading on with the meeting. I know that i was being helped. ^^ Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment